Cycle Wyoming was established as a non-profit organization in 2001 to promote cycling and cycling safety across the state of Wyoming.
The primary event and fundraiser of Cycle Wyoming is the annual Tour de Wyoming Bicycle Tour.
The goal of Cycle Wyoming is to:
- Promote the general interest of safe bicycling in all its phases.
- Make available to bicyclists of all abilities the opportunity to participate in appropriate cycling activities.
- Provide bicycling related educational services and materials to businesses, the community and government officials.
- Advocate for cycling related causes and rights.
- Encourage the recognition of the bicycle as a vehicle used for recreation, health and economical transportation.
Cycle Wyoming Funding Grants
Funds for Cycle Wyoming are raised through the annual Tour de Wyoming bicycle tour.
Non-profit groups, government entities and other organizations promoting bicycling in all its modes are welcome to apply for funding grants from Cycle Wyoming.
Events, projects and facilities that can apply for CW funding include:
- Cycling events: races, century rides, etc.
- Safety programs: kids school safety events, etc.
- Facilities for bike/ped trails.
- Pretty much anything that gets people on bikes!